Private jets can cost upward of $40 million to buy outright, but many of society’s most elite still buy them every year. Wondering who these individuals are? Check out our list of 7 private jet owners. You will probably recognize many of the world’s most powerful leaders on our list!
The number shown next to each of our 7 includes all of the aircraft’s ongoing annual costs (fuel, cabin crew, insurance, and hangarage, etc).
Biggest Private Jet Spenders Per Year
1. 45th President of the United State, Donald Trump
Trump reportedly spends $9.25 million on flying annually.
The former president created a new Air Force One fleet that cost an estimated $5.2 billion. Two Boeing 747-8s were converted into new VC-25s, military versions of the 747, and were named ‘the flying Whitehouse.’
2. Russia’s Leader, Vladimir Putin
Vladimir comes in second, spending an estimated $5.3 million each year on his IL-96-300PU.
3. Germany’s Chancellor, Angela Merkel
Merkel spends roughly $4.6 million for her Airbus A340-313X VIP travel annually.
4. President of Kazakhstan, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev
Tokayev spends $4.5 million annually.
5. Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah
The Sultan spends $4.3 million a year on his private jet maintenance and travel.
6. John Travolta
This actor spends an estimated $2.25 million on his Boeing 707.
7. Kylie Jenner
Gen Z’s very first billionaire and reality-TV star/makeup mogul/author/social-media icon Kylie Jenner spends roughly $1.45 million on her own Bombardier Global 7500.
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z together spend around $1.4 million on their personal Challenger 850
- Jim Carrey spends just over one million on his Gulfstream V
- Tom Cruise and Oprah spend just below Mr. Carrey at $950,000 on their respective Bombardier jets
- David Beckham reaches $870,000 each year on his Bombardier Challenger 350
- Kylie’s sister, Kim Kardashian, spends roughly $730,000 each year on her own private travel, however, Kim charters her private jets rather than owning one.
Some Noteworthy Private Jet Owners (& Their Jets)
1. John Travolta is one of the best celebrity pilots and aviation enthusiasts, owning five private planes, which he parks on his lawn. His most notable private jet is a customized Boeing 707-138 that he acquired in 1998.
2. Oprah Winfrey’s production company, HARPO, bought her a custom-built Global Express XRS VIP business jet to provide her with comfort and the ability to travel quickly. This private jet has designer fixtures and an all-leather interior.
3. Tom Cruise’s beautiful business jet can hold just under 20 passengers, providing comfort and class with state-of-the-art furnishings and tech. Plus, Tom’s jet automatically refreshes the air inside the cabin every two minutes. This jet is powered by two Rolls-Royce Tay 611-8 engines, taking the private jet up to 45,000 feet, with a max range of 7,820 km at a speed up to Mach 0.80!
Don’t Want to Spend Millions On Buying Your Own Private Jet? Charter a Jet Like Kim Kardashian Instead!
Vault Aviation can get you to your destination in luxury and comfort, without spending millions.